Wednesday 11 January 2012

More then just restaurants

Have you ever had one of those days where you know its just going to be Go, Go, Go from sun up to sunrise. Well today was one of those days. But thanks to a little planning, a few of my favourite stores, and a good slow cooker I can take one crazy thing off my plate and turn it into a thing of beauty. 



Chili. I mean who doesn't love Chili, and I've made this dish a 100 times and to be honest, never the same way twice,  but I have always seemed to get rave reviews. So why the rave reviews??? Because I always shop for fresh and I always shop local. That brings me to how this connects to me "eating" Winnipeg. Winnipeg is not only the restaurant capital of Canada but with our vast cultural diversity there are many great little stores that offer you wonderful local and exotic product. Take this chili for instance. The ground beef from Cantor's Deli (long time North End landmark)www.cantorsmeats.com. The Chili powder from India spice house. (The redder the powder the hotter the fire) www.indiaspice.ca and fresh garlic, ginger, poblano and habenero peppers from Lucky Supermarket www.luckysupermarket.ca.

I truly love this city for it s food diversity, whether its eating in, taking out, or shopping for an evening meal at home. So next time your on the drive home and your wondering what to make for dinner, keep your eyes open and when you see that little corner market that you've passed a 100 times and never been in, pull the car over and go in!!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the inspiration that you'll find within.



No comments:

Post a Comment